Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pursue Happiness...through Coffee

If you are not a coffee lover, I'm betting that you know someone who is! If you aren't though, you can just pretend this is hot chocolate and EVERYBODY loves hot chocolate, right?! :) I hadn't used the coffee/hot chocolate image from Sprinkled with Love, so I made it a goal to stamp a sweet impression...that hasn't seen ink yet! You get soooo many wonderful images in a Taylored Expressions stamp set, so make sure you use them all!! This was a pretty cool challenge I set for myself, actually. There was also a sentiment from Discover Your Wings, that I found hadn't been inked up either. I paired the two, sad, uninked stamps together and found they made magic! Lookee!



What do you think?! Magic folks? I know happiness can be found in a cup of coffee on a daily basis, so these paired perfectly! I'm still patting myself on the back over here for coming up with this, LOL! Well, you know I just can't make a card by itself. How about a little gift card holder to go with??


Everyone has a huge stash of glassine bags, right? So all I did was cut up a piece of element cards from the Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket) crafting kit and stamped another image of my coffee/chocolate milk and popped it up right on top! This is perfect for sliding in a gift card to...Starbuck's yes?? That store must make a killing on gift cards!


If you look closely, you can see little coffee remnants inside my glassine bag. I poured a bit of coffee in there and then dumped it back in my container. My glassine bag now has a coffee scent to it. Ta Da!!! So easy and I just loooove the smell of coffee!

One thing I did want to point out was that I used a Clear Spica glitter pen on my coffee, and it looks soooo cool in person! Click on the pic for a better image. Also, I just noticed that the glitter pens are on sale in the TE Store HERE for only $2.49! Big bang for your buck, I'm tellin' ya folks!



I hope you got a little inspiration today...or a little dose of e-coffee to bring happiness to your day? :) Thanks so much for stopping by and I challenge you to Stamp a Sweet *uninked* Impression today!

Recipe
Stamps:
Sprinkled with Love, Discover Your Wings
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento, Antique Linen Distress Ink Tim Holtz, Real Red Stampin' Up!
Paper: Choice Buttercream, Real Red Stampin' Up!, Early Bird Craft Kit Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Ribbon Tags Trio Spellbinders, Corner Rounder and Large Scallop edge punch EK Success, buttons, Baker's Twine, Copics, White Satin and Red Grosgrain ribbon Stampin' Up!, Glassine bag

10 comments:

Lou said...

Love these very much,so nice colours too.Lou.xx

Mary J said...

Really great - I love that coffee image! I'm going to treat myself to some of those stamps! (Just don't tell the hubby)

Donna Baker said...

these cards are SO fun! I am a coffee lover so I can APPRECIATE them - speaking of, I hope we can hang out soon, I really miss you!!

Jen Carter said...

I love these! Great colors and such a fun image too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a darling set! Love the fun color combo!

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Brad Fallon said...

Great work! Your cards are so lovely!

cardmaking said...

Very lovely cards.

Carolyn said...

Nice colours!
Love this card!

San Diego Mobile Notary

Barb said...

What a sweet card, luv your attention to detail. Ü
Barb