Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Frame for the Fridge

Happy New Year!

Hope that everyone had a lovely holiday and that you are rested and geared up to start the New Year (and New Decade!! WOW!) Today, I am excited to share with you something that I made to use all year long ... a little something for our fridge :)
I don't know about your fridge - but ours always looks full and cluttered and is such a mess - everything always ends up on the fridge, artwork, appointments, notes of numbers without names :) and so this year- one of my New Year's Resolutions is to de-clutter our house - so I thought I would start with our fridge. I saw this frame (it holds 3 photos that are 4x6) and thought that it would be something nice to have up on our fridge - where I could change up the monthly calendars and photos for each month:

All of this is from the August 20th Key Ingredients kit and to adhere it to the fridge - I just added some magnets to the back of the frame and then attached it to the fridge:

The top photo area has a place for holding the awesome Mini-Calendars that you can download right away from Taylored Expressions. I thought that each month to create a little mini calendar/affirmation site that could be the focus of that month - here is the one for January:

And then the second photo area I thought could be a place to display a picture of that month of my two wee children :) and in this way at the end of the year, I can put together some scrapbook pages of all 12 months worth of pictures of them. Here they are from a couple of weeks ago :) with one of my most favorite sentiments from the stamp set: Discover Your Wings.

And the the last photo area could be a place for some stamped creations: The sentiment (dream), the embossed butterfly and the silhouette scene is from the beautiful and inspiring newly released stamp set: Discover Your Wings:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Stay tuned for next week where we start to show you some awesome peeks of the stamps that Taylor will be releasing in January!

Wishing You a New Year full of fulfilled dreams and all joys and happiness!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Card Ingredients:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Expresso
Stamps: Celebrate Life and Discover Your Wings from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Bling it On, corner rounder, EP bridal, EK sucess punch, Sakura gel pens & magnets

14 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my WORD! Sankari, you have done it again! This is simply AMAZING! LOVE what you have created here and how CLEVER to add the calendar that you can change each month! LOVE this! Your children are just BEAUTIFUL too!! Happy New Year!

farmhouse-story said...

i agree with jodi-amazing, sankari! tfs!

Country Mouse said...

What a super great idea!!! I love it!!! I KNOW I have to download that calendar now!!!LOL Thanks for the inspiration!!!! :) Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful . . . I want it ;) Nice piece to keep you organized, grounded, and inspired!!!

Candace said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love this concept!!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous and functional too! You always have the most clever ideas Sankari!!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

I love this idea! What size are the frames you used and where did you find them? HDawson1@cox.net

Jennifer Scull said...

wowza! that is gorgeous! and I think you were looking at my fridge when you were talking about the messy and cluttered part...... grins!

Sankari W. said...

Thanks so much lovely ladies for your sweet comments - totally blushing here!! Heidi - the frames are 4x6 and I picked it up at WalMart for $2.50 :) Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Hugs!!!

SAMARA said...

just beautiful sankari! happy new years hunny bunni! i love how you designed the calendar...the saving the pics for a page collection is brilliant. the 2 other pics color choices are stellar.

Donna Baker said...

this is beautiful - I love it! refrigerator clutter drives me nuts, btw. a few photos & magnets are o.k. in addition to magnetic poetry but that's it for me!

Radha said...

No this is mine it!!!
I'm coming over:)))
LOL:)))

That is beyond amazing!!!
LOve it L O V E it so much!!!

Kidding,, I should make one !
Thanks for the inspiration love:)

Unknown said...

What a great idea my mam has images of my baby neice taped to fridge door I think I will do this for her. Thanks for inspiration!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, as always. Hey, your babies are A-DOR-A-BLE!!!!