Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cookie Treats by Karen Motz

I have a quick little treat to share with you today and it was inspired by the fantastic new Bakery Business set.
I baked some cookies yesterday and was thinking of my Bakery Business set as I was mixing the batter. Then once the cookies were baked and cool I thought it would be fun to package up a few to give to my friends. I used the diaper fold pouch tutorial on Splitcoast for the cookie holder.
The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and cut out with circle Nestabilities. I coloured it with copics and added fun details like a glossy cherry on the cupcake and pink Tiny Twinkles for the earrings and necklace.
The patterned papers I chose for the pouches are all from the My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow collection. To fit my cookies I started with a 7 inch square of patterned paper. The "Diet starts tomorrow..." sentiment cracks me up and it seemed like the perfect sentiment for a little cookie treat!

Do you get the latest news from Taylored Expressions? If not, be sure to sign up for the TE Newsletter (on the sidebar) so you're always "in the know" about new products, tips and specials.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Now THAT"s what I am talking about!!! Awesome creations Karen! Love your coloring and the sweet way to package your cookies!!! (that's my kind of diaper!!)
You SOOOO Rock!!!
Big hugs!
S. :)

Karen Giron said...

First of all, I LOVE that you are thinking about stamping while you are making cookies - look at your fabulous craftiness! You are hard core! hahaha! These little treats are delightful and I'll be looking in my mailbox... heee!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Saucy, these are A-Dorable!!! Yumm...cookies!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are adorable, Karen! I would LOVE to receive a cookie packaged like this! Can I be your friend! LOL

Candace said...

Karen, these are soooo cute!! Perfect sentiment, too! I'll have to try out those cute packages. What do you use to attach your tiny twinkles? I have some and don't know what to use. They were the perfect addition to these gifts!

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Very fun cookie packaging!