Good morning! With the holiday season quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to make a little recipe book with a few of my all time favorite dishes and to get started, I downloaded these fantastic recipe cards from the TE Store and they are the perfect size to slip into the Mini Binder Box!
After I printed the recipe cards on Choice Snow White card stock, I cut them to size and added a little colored card stock matte behind it. I stamped the vine image from Celebrate Life in Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then added a few flowers and rhinestones to dress it up a bit.
The Mini Binder Box is decorated with a sheet of Sweet Pea paper along with a felt flower and the binding title is made from some glitter stickers. I hope you enjoyed my little recipe box and I'll leave you with all 3 recipes that are sure to bring smiles!
Spicy Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
DirectionsIn a medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Season with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic salt; mix well. Cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook 2 minutes. Mix in zucchini, and cook 10 minutes, until some of the moisture has evaporated.
- Pour the milk into the skillet, and stir in cream cheese until melted. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve over the cooked pasta.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
stamps: celebrate life
paper: taken with teal (SU), choice snow white card stock, sweet pea paper stack (SU)
ink: memento rich cocoa
accessories: mini twinkle dots (amuse), flower punch (ek success), glitter stickers (making memories), te download - vertical recipe card