My good friend just had a wee little baby last week and we are going over to see the new baby and her big sister tomorrow. I have a little present ready for the baby - but I wanted to make something special for her big sister who is still young and is transitioning from being an only child to the role of a big sister. So when we give our gift to the baby, I wanted to make something special just for her to open also :)
I saw this little footstool over at Target the other day and couldn't wait to transform it into something "beary special" ;) using Taylor's sweet Beary Special Stamps and Beary Special Accessories stamp set. I love using these stamps because they were created to be part of Taylor's Charitable Giving Tree and a portion of both of these stamps will go to benefit the Hospital for Sick Kids - you can Check out Taylor's Blog Post for more information about the Charitable Giving Tree and this beautiful cause.
Steps for the Foot stool:
1. I cut out a shape from my Spellbinders and taped that onto the stool and then I painted the whole foot stool with some patio paint furniture (any paint that can go on wood is fine). I also cut out a scalloped edge that I taped on the stool before painting and on the sides I did the same thing by punching out a circle (1 3/4") taping it on the stool and then painting over it in a lighter shade of pink. After masking and painting the stool - I took the masked shapes out to reveal the shape in white on the stool.
2. With my stamp-a-ma-jig, I aligned the bear and stamped with Staz-On Black. I did the same kind of alignment with the flower stamp so that it could be stamped as if the little bear was holding it and also stamped the sentiment "You are Beary Special" in the same way using the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
3. I painted the bear and flower with the patio paint with a small paintbrush
4. Stamped the sides with the heart stamp from this stamp set and then painted it.
5. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig again to stamp the images with the Staz-On Black ink again so that if any of the outline got covered up in the painting process, it would appear again.
5. Outlined the spellbinders shape, scalloped edge and the circle on the side of the stool with liquid pearls.
6. I took the pictures while still wet :) so I didn't have a chance to paint a clear finishing glaze over the whole stool, which will not only protect it, but also will not allow the stamped images or colors to fade.
I also made a matching card for the gift using the June 20th Key Ingredients paper. The bear and flower were paper pieced from these sweet papers. I used the same motif of outlining with the liquid pearls and finished off the flower with the candy dots that are part of the June Key Ingredients pack.
Ink: Chocolate Chip from SU!
Accessories: Spellbinders Die, Candy dots and Ribbon are part of the June 20th Key Ingredients kit, EK success border punch, embossing folder
I had a lot of fun making this project and using these sweet stamps. I can't wait to see the baby - and to give her big sister this little ensemble so that she will also feel beary special!! :)
Don't forget that if you aren't already signed up for the SASI newsletter - you can click the button on the right sidebar!
Thanks so much for dropping by :)!