Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Friday Friend Jackie

Happy Friday! I hope you've been enjoying the fun variety of projects on this blog lately! It's time to introduce Our Friday Friend. Ever since Jackie Pedro joined Taylor's Cupcake Crew of sketch samplers I have loved her work. I always look forward to seeing what she'll create.



What a sweet sweet card she has to share with us today! It features the new Taylored Expressions Whimsical Wishes set Fresh Flowers. We had a little chat with Jackie to get to know her a bit better:

--What city/state do you live in?

I live in San Jose, California. I've been here my entire life!!

--How did you become addicted to papercrafts? How long have you been stamping?

I actually started scrapbooking in March of 1999 after my first daughter was born. In 2003 while browsing through a Creating Keepsakes magazine I saw an ad for Stampin' Up! and called the {800} number to locate a demonstrator near me. I found one and bought quite a few stamps and supplies but didn't really know what to do with them. It wasn't until I was invited to a Stampin' Up! party with my now upline, Carolina (craftycaro on SCS), that I became hooked! She was so creative and so helpful that I couldn't wait to use all of the goodies I already had and the new goodies I ordered from her at the party! LOL! Soon after that I found Splitcoaststampers and I have never looked back! I became a Stampin' Up! hobby demonstrator about 2 1/2 years ago! I try to stamp everyday and am very blessed to be on two fantastic design teams and to be one of Taylor's Cupcake girls!!

--How would you describe your style?

What are you favorite projects to create?I've had a lot of people tell me my style is clean and fresh! I, frankly, don't think I have style! LOL! I love whimsical images and lots of layers!

--Do you have a favorite TE image?

While I love the cuppies, I am IN LOVE with Taylor's new Whimsical Wishes line. Totally up my alley!!

--What is your favorite sweet treat?

I am definitely a cookie girl! If there is a cookie in sight, I'll eat it! My favorite cookies are butterscotch chip cookies. I make them using the Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe but substitute butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips. They are YUMMY!!!

You'll want to visit Jackie's blog The Scalloped Edge or stop by her gallery on SCS (strappystamper) to see a lot more of her fantastic *stuff*!

Thanks Jackie for being Our Friday Friend!!!

And how about you - would you like to be Our Friday Friend?


No contest to enter for this. Each week we will scour the Taylored Expressions Company Gallery at SCS for recent uploads (within the past 10 days) in search of a SASI Stamper to be featured on this blog. To be considered all you have to do is:


**Create something (card, 3D item, scrapbook page, anything) using one or more images from any SASI or Whimsical Wishes stamp set. Your creation should showcase SASI or WW, but does not have to be exclusive to SASI.


**Upload your creation to SCS being sure to use the keyword SASI or tayloredexpressions (no space) so it will appear in the Taylored Expressions Company Gallery (which is driven by a keyword search) and complete the recipe section of the upload.


Super simple - pretty much just have fun stamping and upload what you make so we can see it! If you are chosen, we will send you an e-mail or PM asking if you'd like to be featured and requesting permission to post one or more of your creations here as Our Friday Friend. You will have the choice of creating something new or just allowing us to post a pic already in your gallery. We will include a link to your SCS Member Gallery and to your blog if you have one (note: a blog is not required to qualify for this feature.)

Enjoy a blessed Easter weekend!

-Jami

6 comments:

Jekka said...

This card is beautiful!!! Congratulations Jackie.

Denise Marzec said...

Whoo-hoo, Jackie!! So excited to see you're the Friday Friend this week. LOOOOOOVE the soft colors and layout of your card. So pretty!

Dawn Easton said...

Yeah Jackie! I'm so happy to see you as the Friday friend! Your card is beautiful!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a soft, beautiful card! and congrats on being chosen for the Friday Friend! :)

Karen Motz said...

Yay Jackie! Congratulations on being the Friday Friend!!! Your card is SO pretty...I always love your creations. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Yay, Jackie! What a beautiful card!