Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jelly Bean Treat Bags

Hi everyone! Today I want to show you some party favors I made for my daughter's preschool Easter party. I bought some Smartie-flavored jelly beans at Giant and paired them up with this cute jelly-bean-lovin' cupcake from the Sweet Spring set. All three prism CS colors and the white grosgrain ribbon are from the Easter Key Ingredients pack.



These bags are really easy to make. Here's a quick tutorial:

- Cut a piece of colored Prism CS to 3-5/8" and score it at 1"


- Along the 1" scored end, use any edge punch (I used the Martha Stewart Doily Punch)


- Fill a 3" x 4" cellophane bag with candy and tape the top of the cellophane bag to your CS (under the punched edge)


- Add a white panel with your stamped image over the cellophane bag and under the punched edge. My stamped panel is cut to 2.25" x 3". Then just fold over the punched edge, punch a circle with a cropodile, and add your ribbon....that's it!

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: SASI Sweet Spring
Paper: Prism CS from Easter Key Ingredients (Frosted Teal, Frosted Kiwi, Razzleberry Light), Choice Snow White CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (E33, V91, RV21, Y11, BG10, YG03)
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon from Easter Key Ingredients, Martha Stewart Doily Punch, Cropodile, 3" x 4" Cellophane Bags, Jelly Beans

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

10 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

SO ADORABLE, Denise! Love these treats!

Dawn Easton said...

So stinkin' cute Denise! Oh I want some of the jelly beans now...rofl...wonder if we have them in Canada...probably not :(

Yvette said...

Those are sooo cute!!! Im sure the kiddos will love them!!!

Trisha said...

These are very cute...I do love them...but I gotta know..."what is Giant"? I've got to get my hands on smartie flavored jelly beans...smarties are the best candy EVER!!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Hi Trisha! Giant is a grocery store chain here in Pennsylvania. :)

Rose Ann said...

I love them!! Thanks for the great tute!!

Denise said...

Very cute!! Love the lace scallop edge, and those images are so cute.

America said...

OOOH, Denise, I love this idea and your super easy tutorial was awesome to follow. Thank you!

Amber said...

Those are so awesome, thanks for the directions.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the instructions. love these and can't wait to make favors for my daughter's birthday party!