The first announcement is a new feature here on the SASI blog beginning on Halloween and continuing every Friday after that. It's called Our Friday Friend. Each week Taylor will scour the Taylored Expressions Company Gallery at SCS for recent uploads (within the past 10 days) in search of a SASI Stamper to be featured on this blog.
To be considered all you have to do is:
- Create something (card, 3D item, scrapbook page, anything) using one or more images from any SASI stamp set. Your creation should showcase SASI, but does not have to be exclusive to SASI.
- Upload your creation to SCS being sure to use the keyword SASI so it will appear in the Taylored Expressions Company Gallery (which is driven by a keyword search) and complete the recipe section of the upload.
- In the description field of your upload please mention Stamp a Sweet Impression stamps are from http://www.tayloredexpressions.com/
Super simple - pretty much just have fun stamping and upload what you make so we can see it! If you are chosen, Taylor will send you an e-mail or PM asking if you'd like to be featured and requesting permission to post one or more of your creations here as Our Friday Friend. We will include a link to your SCS Member Gallery and to your blog if you have one (note: a blog is not required to qualify for this feature.) So who will be the first Our Friday Friend? Will it be you?
I have a fun Halloween card to share with you today featuring one of my very favorite costumed cuppies from Trick or Sweet - the mummy! The orange, purple, and green cardstock are all from the TE Halloween Key Ingredients pack, along with the green brads. The sentiment was stamped on Neenah Classic Solar White cardstock and the words were highlighted with markers before cutting and embossing the panel with rectangle Nestabilities. The entire panel was covered with Versamark ink and heat embossed with iridescent ice ep - it's super sparkly in person.
I took the tiny Ghost from Frightful Night and stamped him in Versamark all over the olive panel to create a subtle background. The jack-o-lantern cuppie was stamped repeatedly on a white panel and colored with Copics. Since I had individually cut all the stars away from the house image in Frightful Night, I arranged them on an acrylic block and stamped them around the jack-o-lanterns in eggplant ink. I love having those separate little stars to play with. The mummy was stamped, colored, cut out and popped up on foam tape to make him the star of the show!
And now it's time for our very first give-away of SASI Sweet Treats (our version of blog candy). Everyone loves a Sweet Treat, right? We've got a fun package offered up today including:
*JustRite Uppercase Outline Pre-Inked Letters (typewriter font)
*4 Brilliance Dew Drops (Gamma Green, Pearlescent Lime, Pearlescent Thyme, Pearlescent Chocolate)
*JustRite 2X Stamper (red hearts, black sentiment)
*Various TE ribbons
To be entered into our goody drawing here's what you need to do:
- Subscribe to this blog - either through the Feedblitz option in our sidebar or through your own Google reader. If you had previously done this, you can still play!
2. Leave a comment on this post and tell us you're tuned in to the SASI blog.
Only one comment per person please! Comments on this post will be open until Thursday October 23 at 9:00 pm EST (6:00 pm PST) and the winner will be announced approximately 2 hours later - just prior to the big SASI Christmas Release! Feel free to help spread the word! May the sweetest one win! ;)
P.S. If you haven't signed up for the Taylored Expressions Newsletter - "Taylored Treats" you can subscribe by entering your email address into the "Join Our Mailing List" in the right sidebar. You don't want to miss announcements, product focus, and special promotions!